Moments of Truth

That every day we face. And being honest about it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monroe Twp, New Jersey, United States

TeeBee for many, Manthru for some, Sunny for a few, Myna for selected, Suresh for record. Hailing from Thrissur of Kerala and now lives (read survives) in Monroe Twp, NJ with wife and daughter.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Heads or Tails

As expected, as the right front had fared in the past election and expected to do in the next with fair probability, left has swept to power in God's own country. Congratulations to all Keralites and wish you (including me) all better luck this time.

Every five years, we try our luck with the toss of a coin perfectly knowing on which face it is going to land. We get bored even before the five years and that will reflect in elections other than to the assembly seats. Unfortunately or fortunately, the coin has only two sides which will leave us with only two choices. So what happened to the coin which Jai tosses in the movie "SHOLAY"? That was recovered in West Bengal!

A search in google told me this: Studies have proved that coin tossing is inherently biased: A coin is more likely to land on the same face it started out on.

7 Comments:

Blogger ശശി വര്മ്മ said...

I do support O.C. whole heartedly... But today I am extreamly happy to see that Murali, Kunjalikutty and Balakrishna Pillai has failed..
Mallus are not that bad !!

Now it is time for LDF to start play intra-party politics.. Achumama will be the CM???

10:44 AM  
Blogger Myna said...

I hope they come up with a credible person for the post of CM. I really don't know how good VS can be? It's for that show of next five years we pay a price, right?

I am also happy to see many big shots biting the dust but its part of the pro-left trend in this election. If they are voted out forever, I would be more happy. At the same time, cheers to some who have made it.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

Klee klee klee kruu kruu kruu...

Today my mother , who is a lady with strong political notions, was heard cursing Pinarayi and proclaiming that she would never commit her vote to any of these buggers in the next election provided that she is alive then . The reason? Well... she happened to witness a dance of victory performed by none other than the current-media-pet V S (sorry Jasmin, I somehow cant bring myself to call him Achumman,a term of endearment I have always attached to a worthier C Achuyutha menon). Gentlemen , u better believe me, the man was so thrilled at the bounty that is being sent his way by providence that he was laughing and making veru funny dance-like gestures. Mynakumaar,looks like we really are going to pay the price. But on the flip side,it gives on great satisfaction to fantasise Kannanthaanam presiding the ministry of education.It would be refreshing to find Jaleel, Binoy Biswam and Thomas Isac also holding some godo portfolios.swapnangal...swapnangaLe...

9:58 AM  
Blogger ശശി വര്മ്മ said...

achinthya,.. i didn't say achu"maman"...!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Myna said...

Must say that the left front has really good ones to lead the way. I too wish to see them in action.

Then there is the presence of CPI, a party I admire. Doesn't mean that I am pro communist or pro congress. The decisions to block DIC (K)'s entry and to disqualify those who have contested twice were remarkable.

I hope to write a sequel to this after five years. Insha Allah.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

hahaha jaasmin,how come I didnt notice the spelling? Dont let the loyal "aNikaL" catch u spell him that way!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suresh,

I read all the posts !!! You amaze me. It is simply Brilliant ( that you are )!!!

Keep on writing. It is a pleasure reading.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home