Moments of Truth

That every day we face. And being honest about it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monroe Twp, New Jersey, United States

TeeBee for many, Manthru for some, Sunny for a few, Myna for selected, Suresh for record. Hailing from Thrissur of Kerala and now lives (read survives) in Monroe Twp, NJ with wife and daughter.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Excuse Me!

I am an opportunist. Otherwise I would not have come back to nonvegetarian food at the very first opportunity. I embraced vegetarianism and continued it for almost two years not because of my hate toward nonvegetarian food. To put it simply, my lover was a vegetarian and I wanted to show my support for her eating habits. Having proved that I can live without it, circumstances where it is difficult to get vegetarian food or where it is costlier than its counterpart made me to come back with more willingness than my eagerness to go the other way. One prominent writer had pointed out that there is not enough vegetable in this world to feed the nonvegetarian community. Too good not to believe, right?

For some people who do not agree to killing human beings, there is an excuse for the killing of animals for food. And even those who do not eat nonvegetarian food will have an excuse for killing ants or insects. Antibiotic prescriptions kill the viruses or bacterias that otherwise would kill you. Its survival of the fittest and opportunism at its very best. There is an excuse for every act we think is justifiable. People do think differently. For some, killing ants is not a problem; for
some, killing chicken is not a problem; for some, killing his siblings is not a problem. The triangle of Death, Decay and Life says that decay is the beginning of all life.

Watching the movie "Achanurangatha Veedu", a disturbing but original tale of the tragedy of a family (hence the society), I could not help myself from thinking. So I gave it more than one thought. Bible says "Not on your merits but on his grace". My journey to find out the true meaning of life continues in this world of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, antibiotics and pesticides, rape and murder, love and passion. Like everybody, I have excuses for my each and every action. You might say that I am wrong. You have reasons for the same. What did I say? Give it a second thought, my dear!

Just because the nurse brought me to the hands of my father or grand mother, I was born as a Hindu. An error from the nurse or doctor could have easily made me to a Christian or Muslim, if birth was the only criterion. Then, my mother could have been my aunt or neighbour, my sister could have been my wife, my brother could have been just my neighbourhood friend who wo
uld later stab me because of the distinct politics we follow. We followed it not because of our knowledge or any policy. It was just because our parents followed it. If there were only one man and a woman from which this earth evolved, everybody are relatives. Then each marriage is incest. To reject that theory, we must have excuses. I remember the pledge that was repeated with atmost indifference, trying to escape from the morning sun, every day at school; "India is my country. All Indians are my brothers and sisters".

2 Comments:

Blogger suresh said...

Hi namesake,

your blogs are like ur comments on pradeeps blogs, intesting. maybe i'll take some time off to read thru ur writings and get more familiar with u.
regs
suresh

5:22 AM  
Blogger Myna said...

You are always welcome.

Fortunately, I have learned to respect others and also to learn from them.

So it is possible that my writings are the wisdom of yours.

Truely, I do not own them.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home